Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Teaching Thing Part Two

Every Sunday I ask the kids what they learned in Sunday School that morning. Partly for their own retention. Partly for comic relief.

Last Sunday Parker said he didn't learn anything. They just had to guess stuff.

"Oh really?" I said.

"Yeah. Like I guessed that God made a dolphin and so I got a treat."

You can always tell a teacher is really good when the kids don't even realize that they are learning.

So then Parker turns to Peyton and asks her if she remembers when God made the water split apart. Here's Parker's version of Exodus...

Yes. God split the water so that Moses' people could walk across it. Yes. And then he turned the stick into a snake, and God sent the bugs...

"Why did God send bugs?" I asked.

Because. The king was being very mean. He was being selfish. He was making the people work work work. So God sent the bugs.

Do you think that God would send bugs to my school? Because I am getting tired of all this work work work, too.

"Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." --Exodus 4:12

No comments: