Sunday, July 11, 2010

The One Thing

It will be official soon. At 9:37 tonight, Presley will have achieved her one-year birthday.

And other than that, I am totally speechless. Last night Denise asked me if Presley's first year has gone faster than Parker's or Peyton's. And I was dumb-founded. I didn't even know what to say. I couldn't even calculate in my head how time went by before Presley was here.




So instead of my blah blah blahing, here's the story of her birthday cake:
As soon as we put the cake in front of Presley, her hands plunged into the middle of the cake. ALL the way through the cake. She was up to her arms in cake, and, oh, how the big kids laughed at her! She was so proud of herself for entertaining them that I think she completely forgot that she had sticky goo all over her fingers.
Pat put some frosting in her mouth, and so did Jina, but she acted like she couldn't figure out how to get her hands out of the cake and into her mouth.
So she dove right in, mouth first.

And she was happy...

Kinda like the way she makes me. Happy.

No comments: