Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Cooking Thing

About a year ago, I found the GREATEST toys at a garage sale.

Fake food. There was pizza, ice cream, hamburgers, french fries, fake fruits, vegetables, and condiments.

I'm sure I got them all for a steal, but I really didn't care. I was so excited for the kids to get their imaginations revved up!

Now Denise and Pat gave me a lot of grief. They thought the toys were ridiculous. I thought they were inspiring. In fact, they were so inspiring that apparently, Parker felt that he has graduated from the fake food.
Here's what he mixed up for me with a couple of weeks ago, with the real stuff:

The kids and I had gotten home kind of late that evening. We had been to the gym and then stopped by Chic-Fil-A to grab some supper for the kids. I had sat them down at the kitchen table to eat the rest of their nuggets and fries--the rest they had devoured on the way home. I thought with them eating it might be safe to jump in the shower quick.

Boy, was I wrong. When I came out of the bathroom, I was greeted by Parker and he was proud to present me with my supper that he had created by his own self.

"Look what I made for you, Mom! Are you hungry?"

One glance at the concoction and I completely lost my appetite, but since I'm such a great mom--you know, the kind that leaves her 3 and 4 year olds unattended--I kept a warm smile on my face.

"Why don't you take a bite?" I asked him.

"No. It's all for you," he beamed. Lovely.

Here's what I think he included in his recipe: half a sleeve of saltines, cheezits, I think marshmellows, Dora Fruit Snacks, and the rest of my large lemonade. The lemonade was a nice touch, I must say. It added an ever-so-subtle tang, not to mention improving the dry texture to one of moist slime.

I know, because he watched me until I took a bite.

No comments: